We are looking for an ambitious, organised and focused AAT qualified professional to cover the position of a part-time Finance Manager, who is articulate and energised and able to contribute substantially to the smooth running of all departments.
The post holder must be capable of managing key areas within the central operations of the company. They must have an efficient, pro-active, and highly organised approach to their work and have the flexibility to work across the Finance, Administration and Operations functions. The ideal post holder will have an opportunity to continually expand their knowledge and expertise in all these areas while finding themselves in a very central position within a growing company.
Based in West London, in a modern office block, the successful candidate will thrive in a friendly but often pressured environment, have the ability to prioritise a workload and have keen attention to detail. You should have excellent written and verbal communications skills. You will be skilled in Xero, Excel, Word and Outlook and be comfortable working with new technology.
You need to be enthusiastic, conscientious and a reliable team player with a can-do attitude and a hard-working approach.
We expect this role to take 20 hours per week. Salary negotiatable depending on relevant experience. Our remuneration and benefits package are targeted to attract the best candidates and the hours can be flexible to suit you.
• Management all aspects of the day to day accounting (SL, PL and NL): including Credit & Debtor Control.
• Assisting Month-end procedures and reconciliations including Prepayments & Accruals for a number of company accounts.
• Assisting in the preparation of Y/E account schedules.
• Maintaining bank accounts including cashbook & Credit Card Control Account, transactions, payments and reconciliations.
• Monitor monthly Payroll and Workplace Pensions calculations and correspondence (we use a payroll company to manage the reporting)
• Management and upkeep of all Personnel records.
• Management of Finance & Administration processes to ensure effective running of all functions in this area and smooth communication with all other departments.
• To work directly with the CEO on key development projects from time to time as required.
Apart from a natural flair with numbers, candidates who wish to apply for this vacancy will possess the following skills and experience.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Have experience with liaising with clients and team members on a regular basis
• Have experience in Accounts preparation and Management Reporting and a working knowledge of Xero
• Be thorough and analytical in approach to tasks and realistic goal setting
• Be able to work under pressure and a creative-thinking problem solver
• Be able to demonstrate focus, flexibility and adaptability in meeting deadlines and managing and prioritising workload
• Be meticulous & detail oriented
• Be proficient and have proven experience in Xero and MS Office (Excel, Power Point, Word)
• Have excellent communication skills in both verbal and written in English
• Be a proven team player
• Self-manage and be motivated
• Have experience in making pre-payments, accruals, depreciation
• Have experience liaising with auditors
• Be up-to-date with all relevant financial information
• Exhibiting strong leadership skills
• Be AAT qualified
• Have a fundamental knowledge of tax computations and statutory returns for corporate and charitable organisations
What the role offers you
Opportunity to build your portfolio by working with a company with a strong reputation.
The chance to provide input to top management to grow and develop the company.
The opportunity to work part-time/ flexible hours in a friendly and challenging environment while taking ownership of this role. A competitive remuneration package based on experience.
20 hours per week
Based in Middlesex
Looking to pay £30,000 to £35,000 pro-rated
- Industry and Commerce
- Accounting and Finance
- Experienced (non Manager)
Homeworking available: No
Flexible working pattern available: Non full-time
Advert expires: 11/03/2018