Finance Director - part-time
1. Purpose of role;
To ensure the effective and efficient strategic and operational financial and business management, driving income generation and delivering commercial expertise, financial analysis and shrewd management of resources and processes which enable success to be achieved across the organisation.
2. Main Duties and Responsibilities
• To work with the Chief Executive and the Executive Management Team to provide leadership, strategic direction and commercial expertise
• Obtain social finance and maintain good investor/banking relations
• To provide financial leadership in all areas of the business
• To ensure the business remains financially sustainable as a Social Enterprise
• To evaluate and pursue new business opportunities
• To communicate current, relevant and accurate financial information to existing and potential external stakeholders
• All legal aspects connected with property, leases and contracts are managed efficiently Tender submissions are prepared thoroughly
To lead on the negotiation of all material contracts
3. Job Activities
Job activities will be conducted within their Central Office, but the post holder will also be required to visit other offices and external venues throughout London. The post holder may occasionally be required to work evenings and weekends to carry out duties.
• To develop a growth strategy for the business with the CEO
• Lead, manage, and monitor resources within the Finance Department to ensure the achievement of strategic and operational plans.
• To line manage the Head of Finance to ensure that
• The business is provided with accurate and timely statutory, financial and management accounts
• Cash management is effective
• Existing business contracts are reviewed, analysed and evaluated to assess their contribution to the organisation’s sustainability
• New acquisitions are assessed for financial viability
• Company Secretarial work is completed
• To line manage the Head of Information Systems to ensure the provision of useful, future focussed IT based information systems
o To ensure Social impact measurement systems are in place
o To ensure Nursery Management Systems work effectively
o To ensure IT software and hardware is adequate
• Provide clear, timely and accurate information and advice to the Trustees to enable proper considerations of business
• Hold staff in the Finance Department accountable for their performance
• Promotion and development of a positive and inclusive organisational culture, effective staff management and development policies and a learning environment.
• To develop the concept of social return on investment to all activities
• To consistently promote the business in all activities and at all forums relevant to the role. E.g. HMRC, Treasury, Local Authorities, Social Enterprise organisations, ICAEW/CFG and management consultants
• Any other duties analogous with the post as determined from time to time.
• To undertake any travel that may be necessary.
• To remain conversant with and aware of developments across the breadth and depth of the organisations work.
• To ensure that strict confidentiality is maintained where required.
Qualifications & Experience
• Graduate or equivalent level of education
• Chartered Accountant or Chartered Management Accountant
• A suitable management qualification or equivalent commercial experiences.
• Experience of growing a business and seeking, analysing and implementing new contracts ,
• Substantial experience of successfully leading and delivering commercial outcomes in a comparable role within an organisation of comparable scope and complexity.
• Experience of successful people and organisational management, particularly in situations of organisational change.
• Successful track record of providing strategic advice and business planning at a senior level and of overseeing the development of an organisation.
• Evidence of success in motivating people and brokering collaborative working relationships with a range of stakeholders, building partnerships across traditional organisational and sector boundaries to achieve results.
• Evidence of success as an organisational ambassador; effective PR and media management experience.
• Experience of delivering results; developing and leading a performance, outcome focused and successful culture.
• Knowledge and experience of fundraising.
Knowledge, Skills and Aptitudes
• Ability to provide visionary leadership, promote and articulate the key priorities for the development of the business and translate broad objectives into real outcomes.
• A commercially orientated person who shows real flair at developing business, evaluating tender proposals and negotiating business agreements.
• Strategic influencing skills, with the ability to manage the expectations of all stakeholders.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills, demonstrating tact, diplomacy and high standards of integrity
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentational skills, with the ability to communicate ideas, issues, systems and procedures successfully at all levels to a variety of audiences.
• Ability to co-ordinate and communicate the promotional activities of the organisation.
• Ability to exercise effective judgement with constrained time-scales and resources in light of competing pressures.
• An ability to quickly and succinctly analyse data and provide strategic and operational advice.
• Well-developed skills in managing a range of complex financial, legal, IT and business development functions.
• A strong ability to manage budgets and resources effectively, including long term strategic and asset management plans.
• Ability to develop knowledge and understanding of the company and its strategic and operational opportunities and challenges.
• Political sensitivity & diplomacy.
• Well organised, logical and analytical in all aspects of work.
• Demonstrates a high degree of initiative and a proactive approach to solving problems.
• Has a thorough understanding of the principles and practice of equal opportunities.
£80,000 to £90,000
3 days per week
- Public sector and third sector
- Accounting and Finance
- Executive (Director/Head of Department)
Homeworking available: No
Flexible working pattern available: Non full-time
Advert expires: 23/08/2017