Our client is looking to recruit an experienced CoCo & Employment Administrative Assistant to provide full adminstrative assistance to the team.
The ideal candidate will be well organised and highly motivated with good interpersonal and communication skills, fast and accurate typing speeds, strong IT skills and a positive and proactive approach. The role has a considerable emphasis on the legal support and the related administrative work.
The successful candidate will be committed to a long-term career in this area of law and will be looking to expand their expertise and to take advantage of the opportunities offered by the high-level work carried out by the Company Commercial team.
Prospective applicants will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in a Company Commercial team.
The Head of Department is bilingual and German speaking would be desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To provide all aspects of on-going support to the Fee Earners in the team (currently 3-4).
• Preparation of documents, letters, memoranda, attendance notes, other legal documents and precedents as instructed by the relevant Fee Earners
• Amending contracts, editing documents, along with some transcription from dictation
• Undertaking Companies House searches, other KYC support activities
• Administrative duties will include data input to maintain accounting and other records for matters. Filing, photocopying faxing, binding, file opening and closing, account enquiries, maintaining databases. Preparing relevant enclosures and general file management.
• Liaising with clients, prospective new clients, professional colleagues, other parties and external contacts by telephone, email and letter, for work related matters and for promotion of marketing and business development. Ensuring that a professional and efficient manner is adopted at all times.
• Generally managing the day-to-day administration of client matters
• Follow and comply with agreed processes and procedures; to ensure that client confidentiality is not breached
• Preparation of draft bills
• Legal research
Please note that this job specification is not an exhaustive list of duties but merely an outline of the key components of the role. There may be additional responsibilities required as and when requested. The firm is looking for one with a ‘can do’ attitude and team player.
Our business has a 50 year history. They have lawyers with West End and City experience and with a cost-conscious attitude. Speed is usually important to the client so they aim to act fast. We are growing quickly because when our clients ask, we respond and deliver. The firm has ambitious plans for growth and seeks highly motivated, capable and committed individuals to be part of the team.
The Company Commercial & Employment Department
Our Corporate team provides businesses with a responsive, speedy and business-orientated legal service. Our objective is to develop long-standing relationships with you, providing you with continuity and enabling us to get an in-depth understanding of your organisation and legal issues that may affect you.
• Buying and selling a company or business
• Demergers and other corporate reorganisations
• Family company succession
• Joint ventures and shareholder agreements
• Partnership agreements
• Share buy-backs
Our Commercial team deal with business-to-business issues. We aim to spot potential problems early, negotiate effectively and help manage risk in your business contracts and documents.
Our Commercial team is skilled at the preparation of commercial contracts of all types including :-
• Acquisition/disposal agreements
• Agency agreements
• Intellectual property
• Licensing agreements
• Sale of goods/services
• Terms and conditions of trading
We support employers’ day to day HR function, including:
• preparing policies, procedures and contracts of employment or simply reviewing your existing ones;
• advising on the handling of disciplinary and grievance issues;
• protecting your business from employees who leave to compete;
• advising on exit packages and preparing compromise agreements;
• guiding you through a redundancy exercise;
• advising on employment issues arising under TUPE on business sales; and
• advising on discrimination, whistle blowing and unfair dismissal claims.
We are also able to help individuals with:
• Negotiating employment contracts and directors’ service agreements;
• Helping you defend disciplinary proceedings;
• Helping you to raise a grievance;
• Bonus disputes;
• Advising on compromise agreements and compensation packages;
• Issues with restrictive covenants;
• TUPE transfers;
We also advise partners and members of LLPs on all aspects of their partnership from commencement to retirement.
The team consists of the Head of Department, a further Partner, Consultant, Associate Solicitor, and a Trainee Solicitor.
9am - 5.30pm
German would be desirable
- Professional Services
- Experienced (non Manager)
Homeworking available: No
Flexible working pattern available: Full-time
Advert expires: 02/11/2017