This job has expired from the system. Use our job search to find alternative vacancies
More jobs like this
No similar jobs found
The role will report directly to the Finance Director and oversee another team member and would suit commercially minded experienced accountant who can assist the Finance Director in achieving the goal of creating a system driven Finance Department.
• Drive annual budgeting and periodic forecasting
• Support the continuing development of cash flow forecasting
• To understand and report on key risks and opportunities across the organisation and different business units
• Oversee the VAT returns and liaise with HMRC to ensure a fair VAT system
• Main responsibility for the risk matrix
• Help to improve controls and risk. The financial planning manager must ensure that there are strong internal controls in place and that the processes are followed
• Accurate production and detailed understanding of monthly forecasts linked to management accounts
• Complex projects support, providing overview of the key initiatives, highlighting key risks and opportunities and the financial consequences they may have
• Ensure all known deals are accurately represented in the sales and revenue pipeline and are compliant with internal rules, highlighting where specific financial and commercial risk exist
• Financial support to new projects ranging from review of supporting documentation against company rules and financial/commercial tests to full financial modelling
• To support pricing decisions and optimise ROI across all initiatives
• To appraise new initiatives to market and maintain and improve existing costing and financial models for new projects
• Board reporting support
• Help to improve internal controls
• Review, update and enhancement of existing policies and procedures. Development of new financial policies and procedures
• Ensure correct implementation of financial policies through the organisation
• Identify efficiencies within the finance department and drive change. Support the wider finance team with various initiatives
• Other duties that are consistent with the post as determined by the Finance Director Knowledge and skills required:
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. Effective communicator and business partner
• Strong budgeting and forecasting experience
• Experience using accounting software integrated into SalesForce
• To be qualified ACA, CIMA or ACCA, trained with an accountancy firm
• Advanced Excel including pivot tables, macros and lookups are essential technical skills
• Degree standard of qualification or equivalent and/or relevant management or professional qualification )
• The ability to be forward thinking and drives change
• Proven initiative, flexible and self-motivated, with the ability to create and develop working relationships across all operational levels
• Creative and hardworking with commercial approach and positive attitude
We will be looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following attributes:
• Willing to go the extra mile to exceed expectations. Continually searches for ways to add value and take performance to the next level
• Demonstrates complete focus and determination to achieve successful outcomes. Is a self-starter, and takes the initiative in situations
• Learns quickly, adapting thought and action to changing business and customer demands. Is energised by change
• Clearly communicates ideas, plans and priorities to others. Makes communication a priority so there are no surprises
• Generous pension scheme.
• 25 days holiday with 3 discretionary days over Christmas.
• Interest free season ticket loan.
• Volunteering days. As part of the organisations commitment to being a socially-responsible organisation, every member of the team is given two paid days to undertake volunteering activities of their choice.
• Bike racks and showers available in our offices.
• A scheme for buying additional annual leave.
• Childcare vouchers.
• A ‘Virtual Office’ system, where all staff members have access to all their files and the intranet at home.
This is a permanent role
35 hours per week
up to £38,000
Type of work:
Public sector and third sector
Accounting and Finance
Our client is an established Social Enterprise based in the City, looking to hire a Financial Reporting Manager to join their growing Finance function.