To provide accurate budgets and forecasts for the business which will allow the company to achieve its strategic goals whilst also providing accurate tools to the business managers to assist them in controlling their business in the form of reports, analysis and management information.
To have overall responsibility for the Financial planning and analysis area within BE Europe covering all channels and countries (working closely with European accountant). Responsible for the team management of FP&A within the UK and aslo management of European Accountant and Senior Accountant roles.
Budget and Forecasts
- Work with FD and each Departmental Head / Budget Holder to prepare budgets and forecasts
- Complete involvement in discussions and reviews with each team as well as presentations to Managing Director/US team
- Ensure each month a Budget versus Actual review is carried out;
- Review key drivers to the Department
- Determine correct selection of KPI’s for regular review with each Department.
- Review Variances and determine action plan for reverting to plan.
- Review Month End P&L’s by channel:
- Investigate Variances
- Provide Commentary
- Suggest Accruals to Financial Accounting Manager based on budgets/forecasts and discussions with heads of departments;
- Provide Analysis for key accruals:
- Gross Margin & COGS Analysis
- Zero value sales Allocations
- Key Product Sell Through (Matte / Rare)
- Work closely with Heads of Departments to provide accurate, timely and relevant reports to assist them in managing their business.
- Help to develop these reports with the tools available (e.g Axiom and Oracle BI), continuously looking for improvements in the process, the quality and integrity and effectiveness
- Ad-hoc Analysis as and when required by Management, Heads of Department, US or any other source (approved by FD).
- New Business Appraisals – ROI / Breakeven points, particularly on Boutique openings
- Assist with the Documentation of processes and procedures within the Finance and Operations departments.
- Seek to develop and implement system and process enhancements that will improve the quality of data and the lives of the Finance and operations teams.
o CIMA / ACCA level Qualified Accountant
o IT Skills- Advanced Excel
o Oracle Experience an advantage
o Knowledge of cosmetics/retail preferred
o People management skills
o Good Communicator
o Analytical Skills
o Polite & Enthusiastic
o Ability to work under pressure and in a dynamic environment
Permanent, full-time role based at the Bare Escentuals office on the Burnt Mills Trading Estate in Basildon. Some occasional flexibility in hours required during busy times of the accountancy year.
- Industry and Commerce
- Manager (Manager/Supervisor)
Homeworking available: No
Flexible working pattern available: No
Advert expires: 18/05/2020